Thursday, June 10, 2010

VA Medical Centers - Help!

Okay all you "Peace Corp Journal" stalkers - I need your help. Has anyone had their medical exams done at a VA Center? I went through a really long phone tree with the WPB VA Center and was told to call back on Monday, and the Athens center said they do not do them at all. Our Pre-Service Nurse said that some VA Centers aren't even aware that they can do PC exams.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Do you know any tricks or have any tips? 

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I got ours at the Des Moines, Iowa, VA no problem. I went into the eligibility office and showed someone there the letter that came with the packet (the one not addressed to you but that says what you're doing). She called some people and whatnot and then I talked to someone else and set up an appointment to come in for the actual exams. On the paper I mentioned earlier, I believe it states some sort of law or health code or something under which PC physicals fall, making it possible for the VAs to do them. If I were you, I would take that (and everything else, in case they want to see it) into the local VA eligibility office and just talk through it with them.

    We had a great experience with our VA. I hope you do too!!

    ReplyDelete